Mardi Gras 2011

Ooops. I wrote this, but apparently never published it. Ah well, it’s only a week old. Oops.

Well, Mardi Gras has come and gone, and for once, I’m glad. It wasn’t the greatest holiday. Mostly because of my back. I couldn’t do as much as I wanted to, so we only managed to make it to one parade. And then the weather was yucky on the other days, so we were stuck inside. Bleh.

Friday, I was home sick with a fever. I haven’t had a fever in a very long time, so that was weird. I had to go to Traffic Court in the morning, though, (woo hoo, got my red light ticket knocked down to a non-moving violation. Whew!) but afterwards, I laid on the sofa, watching the TV show Bones from season 1, episode 1. Good show.

I was feeling a bit better on Saturday, but we were trapped at home because of parades in our area, and the weather. I get cabin fever very easily, so it was not a fun day for me. But late that afternoon, before I went completely insane, I loaded the boys in the car and took them to Barnes & Noble to play with the trains and look at books. At least we got a little fresh air.

Sunday was our big day to go out and do stuff. Fortunately, the weather was gorgeous! The boys wore their new shirts I made them and I loaded them in the wagon. We left the house a little later than I would have liked, so we had to park reeeeally far away. I swear, I pulled that wagon a mile to get to the parade. It didn’t seem to bother my back any more than usual, thank goodness.

We got to the parade and met up with some friends.

Saw some interesting sights. Like a pig being roasted right there on the neutral ground.

Then I pulled the wagon a million miles back to the car.

Playing at home:

Monday was more boring.

And Tuesday wasn’t terribly promising, but we ended the day at our friend’s house for a little shindig. There were people there dressed funny.

But mostly the boys just had fun running up and down the stairs, trying to give me a heart attack.

That’s about it. So glad to be back to normal now!