Just a post of random stuff…
– I think we’re going to try to be parents of a singleton this weekend. George’s parents want the boys for the weekend, but I want to have them around, so my compromise is to keep one, and spoil him mercilessly while the other two are being spoiled by their grandparents. Perfect! Now, who to pick? I’m thinking Miles because of the whole “I’ve travelled with Linus and Oliver and I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford a trip somewhere with Miles before he turns two and therefore needs his own seat” thingy. Or I’ll pick a name out of a hat.
– I’m going to visit some tiny new triplets at the hospital today! I can’t wait. I imagine they’re about the same size the boys were when they were born. It’ll be weird to hold them and realize that the boys actually were that small once upon a time.
– Went grocery shopping yesterday. I was armed with coupons and some cold hard cash, and did okay, I guess. I tried to buy only things that were on sale that I also had coupons for. And that I needed. And that were cheaper than the store brand. I spent about $43, saved $15. Not anything huge, and since I went to Winn-Dixie, a lot of the staples I wanted were v expensive. So tonight or tomorrow or sometime, I’m going to hit up Walmart for things like ground turkey, yogurt, that kind of thing.
– I took Oliver and Miles to Target with me to *quickly* pick up a prescription for Linus. Yeah, right. Took us an hour and a half, and I left without any medicine. And the boys fought over toothpaste. So I had to buy two tubes. Does this count towards my grocery budget? Let’s say no. But at least I won’t be buying toothpaste for a while.
– FYI, the new Pampers Extra Protection diapers suck. That is all. Huggies Overnight FTW!
– I hate having pictureless posts, it seems like they must be so boring! So here’s a random picture of Miles from the other day. Double-binky-ing it.
Oh yeah, and a question!
Do you want more children? Does George?
I wouldn’t mind one more. But not anytime soon. Not until the boys are in school, at least. No way could we afford to send one more to daycare. And I have no idea where we’d put one more kid. Logistics, shmogistics.
Really, I’d love to experience a singleton pregnancy and infancy. I’d love to have a baby that I could rock to sleep and snuggle with and spoil rotten.
Whenever the boys are acting up, George asks me, jokingly, “Hey! Let’s have another one!” And I always say, “Okay!” and then he looks at me like I’m insane. Or he tells me I’m insane. But I’m not. Hmmph.
How did you decide to take Linus to CA and not Oliver or Miles?
Well, I took Oliver to Virginia with me back in July (you can see how I picked him here) and so when I decided to go to California, the decision to pick Linus was easy – he’s my brother and sister-in-law’s godson. And since that’s who we were visiting, it seemed obvious.