Aaaand now that song is going to be stuck in my head. Great job, Pam.
Rough night last night. Here’s how it went down…
– Made a big pot of chili. Ate some of it, left it out to cool enough to put in fridge.
– Took some medicine for my back.
– Went to bed. Note I do not say “went to sleep” here. Even though I was tired, aforementioned medicine did not allow me to sleep. Instead, I remained in a half-asleep state until…
– Oliver started screaming. George was kind enough to get up with him (he was still in his cave, awake.) I wasn’t sleeping anyway, so I went downstairs to get Oliver, knowing he was going to be sleeping with us.
– We all go to bed. I think George is the only one who sleeps. Oliver just lays there with his eyes open (I think he’d had a nightmare.) And occasionally asks for his “piddow” or blankie or just to say “Mommy”. He insists on putting a random limb under me while he sleeps. He doesn’t know that I’m like Princess and the Pea and can’t sleep with a tiny foot wedged under my hip. Ah well, I can’t sleep anyway.
– I fall asleep! For about two hours. And then Oliver wakes up and the alarm goes off and blah. Time to get up.
– I go downstairs to get coffee, and see the pot of chili still sitting out. I weep for the lunch that could have been.
So here I am, exhausted and with a long day ahead of me. But I’m actually not even in a terrible mood, for whatever reason. Tonight I have a dinner with my local triplet group, which I’m excited about. I hope I don’t fall asleep in my egg drop soup. Zzzzzz.