I have evacuated to my mom’s house with the boys. I’m not really worried about anything bad happening (though as I was typing that sentence, Larry just informed me the forecast now has the storm making landfall as a Cat 2 instead of 1) but frankly, I’d rather be at my mom’s house than my own if we lose power. She has a generator, at least.
So we’ll see. Hopefully it will end up being a great big nothing, as has happened so many times before. George decided to stay behind, but he’s fully stocked with Chef Boyardee, so he’ll be fine.
Oh, and the funniest page for updates on the storm is Dramatic Hurricane Isaac Updates. Hilarious.