– My kindle broke. Again. This time I did not drop it. Thankfully, it’s still under warranty. But this is the second time I’ve put one down, only to come back to it and the screen is all messed up. Annoying.
– And my phone won’t charge. I hate my phone. I’m seriously considering getting an iPhone in December when I can upgrade. George clearly thinks little of my plan, because he’s always sending me links about how lame the new iPhone is, how Android phones are better, etc. Sorry dear, I want an iPhone.
– I went to the eye doctor last week for a new contacts prescription and he found a “pigment spot” on my retina, very close to what is an important structure of the eye, apparently. I hate eyeballs. I will never get lasik because my eyeballs do not need to be messed with. Needless to say, I’m a tiny bit freaked out. Monday I go to the specialist to get it looked at further. I’ve already gotten a cold sore on my eyeball, do I really need more eyeball weirdness. Ick.
– I’m running a half marathon in a month. Hmm. At least I weigh about 25 lbs less than I did at my last half-marathon, even though I haven’t trained very much. I have been running on the treadmill in the mornings, and I can definitely run further than I could back then, so we’ll see. Oh, and did I mention I’m trying to raise money for Children’s Hospital? I obviously haven’t been trying hard enough, because I’ve only raised $50 of my $500 goal. Feel free to donate a few bucks. Or more than a few. Heh.
– The boys are doing pretty well separated at school. But they’re still not eating lunch. I have started a reward chart where they can earn a sticker every day by just trying their entree at lunch. So far, Miles is in the lead with five stickers of the ten necessary. His teacher confirmed he is only eating a tiny bite, but at least he’s trying it, right? Better than his brothers.
– On that note, this week I’ve been trying to make meals they might eat, that I can eat, and that we can all eat together. Monday night’s grilled chicken sandwiches (you’d think a grilled chicken sandwich wouldn’t be terribly adventurous, but trust me, they freak out at anything on bread besides Nutella) were a modest success. They ate the bread, and they ate the chicken. Mostly. Miles even ate half of his in sandwich form! And then last night, I made this chicken from Smitten Kitchen. Sooooo good…highly recommend.
The boys gobbled it up. They even ate some of the green beans I made as well! (Okay, to be honest, Miles ate like three. And that was it. But still!) Tonight I’m making these cauliflower pepperoni bites. Mostly because they’re low-carb and I can eat the bejeezus out of them.
– This is a fun site that George sent me. Try it and see how fast you can get. I got up to 111 words per minute! My 7th grade typing teacher would be so proud.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for now. Apologies for the lack of pictures, but I’ve just been feeling uninspired lately. Blah.