Busy busy weekend

It was a very fun weekend, but it was also exhausting. So yeah, I’m kind of glad it’s Monday so I can be at work and in the relative peace and quiet of my office.

Saturday was my friend Maura’s wedding. I was very excited, mostly to see my friend get married, but also for the boys to wear the cute outfits I got for them. (I’m so shallow.) The wedding was about an hour from our house, and I still needed shoes, so Saturday morning, I ran to the mall to get some appropriate shoes. I thought it was amusing that I found the perfect pair at JC Penney. Amusing because Maura is a hot-shot lawyer in the corporate headquarters of JC Penney. She usually lives in Dallas, but she’s in Hong Kong for a couple of years working in their offices over there. Pretty cool! (But pretty sucky, seeing as her new husband lives in Texas still.)

Anyhoo, we got to the ceremony and the boys were pretty good. A bit restless, but understandably so. I had George take them out to the car a little while into it, so they could talk as loudly as they wanted, and so I could enjoy watching my beautiful friend.


After the ceremony, we headed to the reception, where my brilliant friend had gift bags full of crayons and wind up toys for the kids. This kept them pretty occupied, though all they really wanted to do was put the wind-up toys on the cake table, which caused me no small amount of anxiety.



In the end, they just raided all the leftover bags.

It was a lovely afternoon.


LSMSA mini-reunion

This is from when my friend Ren was trying to take a picture of me with the boys. They were not cooperating.

So that was Saturday. On Sunday, we chilled out in the morning (though why the boys felt the need to wake up at 6:45 is beyond me) until it was time to meet Grandee and Larry for lunch. My mom brought them little baseball mitts and balls and a t-ball set as their belated Easter gift, and my Uncle Doug (who is bound and determined to get our kids interested in sports) brought them a metal bat (!!) and instructed George on how to coach them.




After lunch, we had a photoshoot in the French Quarter with a photographer that another triplet mom had recommended to me. She was in town for the weekend from Dallas, and I wanted to have pictures that someone else took of my kids. It was kind of stressful getting to the FQ, due to Navy Week (it hadn’t occurred to me that this might be an issue until that morning) but we eventually made it. And the boys were so cute posing for pictures. Oh man. I mean, really. They were following the photographer’s direction so well, and they were being so cute. Loved it.


When we got home later, the boys were dying to play with their new baseballs and everything. So we carefully avoided the caterpillars in the yard (blech) and we tossed the ball around a bit, and they even hit the ball with the bat a little. (I hadn’t set the tee up yet, so I had to pitch to them.) They were still in their outfits from the pictures, so they looked like little old timey baseball players. Gaah!




Ahhh! Love it. Maybe they will be into sports after all!

3 thoughts on “Busy busy weekend

  1. Theresa

    They look so handsome in their matching outfits at the wedding. That was brilliant of your friend to have crayons ready for them–very thoughtful.


  2. JPitts

    Oh man, catching up on your last few posts and getting a cuteness overload! I got first dibs on those bow ties when you are ready to sell them : )


  3. Lisa

    Absolutely love the outfits. I need to find a dress up event just so I can put my boys in jackets and ties. Looks like someone already called dibs on the ties, I’d love to find out where your ordered them from.


Comments are closed