Ooh, a whole week has gone by without a post. My bad!
Wasn’t the most exciting week, though. Well, let’s see. The boys went to their friend Ian’s house for a sleepover Saturday night, and everyone stayed all night and had a great time, so that was a relief. Also their house is full of IKEA so I felt right at home and now I want to build a loft-like space above their bedroom. And I had poke for dinner after I dropped them off.
The other great thing that came out of it was Ian’s recipe for cheesy popcorn, which we’ve made twice now. I hope he doesn’t mind if I post it here.
IAN’S CHEESY POPCORN
- Put one tablespoon of olive oil in a pot big enough for popcorn, turn on medium to medium high heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons of popcorn kernels (this is where Linus says, let’s just add a little bit more, so it’s usually more like 7.)
- Wait until one of the kernels pop. This takes an eternity. I guess it’s true, watched popcorn never pops.
- Put the lid on. If you’re lucky, your pot has a glass lid so you can watch all the popping action.
- Shake the pot while it pops. Is it necessary? Maybe not, but it feels right.
- When it’s all done, pour the popcorn into a big ol’ bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the popcorn and mix it all up.
- Shake 6 tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top and mix it all up.
- Eat! And then look at all the parmesan cheese at the bottom of the bowl and decide next time to use a bit less.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat as much as we do!
What else is exciting? Hmm. Well, Steph and I are going to see a live show of My Favorite Murder podcast tonight, which I am very excited about. Not a podcast for the kids, though. Probably obvious from the title. Oh, and Sunday morning, Linus and I will be on the local news for three minutes talking about this little coding robot toy thingy. I’m sure that won’t be completely awkward or anything.
Oooh, my new glittery sneakers got here! Love them.